Thursday, February 22, 2007

Leaving you- my love

I thought of you as my eternal mate,
our lives, as if entwined by fate,
but they thought otherwise
said, being together wouldn’t be wise

I remember the first day we met,
the first kiss, my lips still wet,
if I knew the pain, of saying goodbye,
I’d rather be alone when I die

you listened when I talked
with those understanding eyes, that nod
and when I did not, you understood
said, “ do what you should”

you were with me in my fights
my only friend on those lonely nights
broken, bruised, when I thought I’d fall
your loving embrace made me forget all

and when I thought I was no good alive
your kiss brought me back to life
“what good would the world be without you” you said
“with you gone, I’d rather be dead”

all those ups and downs, in life’s stride
all but you left my side
in pain and happiness too
I knew I could count on you

that marble white body, those red hair,
your love, your care,
oh freshest morning dew
how could I dream of leaving you?

but when, life looks so good
ironically, “I do what I should”
I leave you

time made a devil of me
for I just did’nt leave you
I stubbed you, killed you
my love, my dear cigarette.

No comments: