Monday, March 29, 2010

Murder - by design


Another morning, I write an ambitious plan,
Look it over and burn it, without much pain.
A new foolscap, I edit as much as I can
And then, burn it again.

Listlessly, I flick on the TV,
Changing channels, from one babble to another,
Looking, but not daring to see
What is for sale, what is for barter?

The sound of the day, becomes a din
I get up from a waking slumber
To catch the noon sun pouring in
In daze, I dial the number.

And cut it, before a reply,
I kick myself to the Now,
Angry at the time I let fly
I’m late – there’s going to be a row.

Unmindful of what they’ll say,
I brush, shave, bathe, dress, drive,
Work – distraction, salvage the day
I think it’ll survive

To office, at least half a day,
Take calls, no, yes, yes, no, no
It’s a straight road; I still lose the way,
I try, cannot make myself go.

I drive around, streets, avenues, by-lanes, aimless
Sifting through the worldly grime
Junk food, coffee, cigarette – tasteless.
Look at my watch, it is leaking time.

I hear the waves, how far have I wandered?
I stop. Filled with guilt,
I feel squandered.
Stab, wrench, I bury it to the hilt

Orange blood, practised move – skilled
Heave out, let it be.
Another day killed
Buried at sea.






3 comments:

PJ said...

this is something... its surprising how each n everyone go thru this and yet it feels so different...

btw i love the title..

Kudos
P

Anonymous said...

I got that what made you to write this ..

feel trapped ...

-chi

Ashita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.