Friday, July 14, 2006

poem:Solitude

A poem i wrote as an experiment. I wanted to see that can i deliberately get into a depressive situation and write about it. The result is below, and i think i did the experiment justice.

Solitude
The smoke fills my lungs
the flame of the matchstick dies
the lonliness comes crashing in
the truth of my life, the lies

I lived in a painted room
walled by my convictions
deluded by my present, my past
the emptiness beyond, is vast

love it seemed was infallible
now with truth i reconcile
it was chinese pottery
and not marked fragile

hope, i thought drove the world
i have none left now
the flag of deciet
has unfurled

friends they said, walk with you always
but maybe i was too fast, or they too slow
for now i know
i've left them far behind

ambition was my fuel
i wanted to be at the top
now i realise, there are no crests, no troughs
ans so i stop

i stood in the crowd
i'd be heard, if i spoke out
having shouted myself hoarse
i know i'm alone, my arguments were coarse

the red tip in the dark
each breath brings the fire closer
oh! i see someone
it's the undertaker

i embrace the only friend (death)
i feel noothing anymore
it's dark all around, i'm finally home
i'm alone

No comments: