Friday, July 14, 2006

Second Hand Lives

This was a result of an objectivist phase in my thinking. Though i still stick to the original theme of the poem, objectivism as such has been diluted in my mind, there are now exceptions and correction in the way i originally accepted the philosophy.

Second-Hand Lives

I don’t like your hair style,
I hate your sarcastic smile,
I despise your approach,
Hell! You’re beyond reproach!

Why don’t you do things the normal way??
Why don’t you listen to what people say??
Not one complaint you spare
Of your despicable “I don’t care”

You fancy yourself an iconoclast, defying tradition,
Too bad it’s only an illusion,
The public decides good and bad,
And not your silly fad.

If you respect public opinion,
And bend to public descision
Your talent will have access
To enduring success

Give up selfish desires,
Do what the people aspire
It’s up to you, end this strife !!
“No”, I say, “I don’t live a second-hand life”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

probably, thats what makes u so different!